The Australia Day team in Tasmania encourage everyone across the state to celebrate Australia Day on 26 January.
Tasmania’s Australia Day program is delivered by the Communications and Marketing Unit of the Department of Premier and Cabinet and has been operating since June 2006. The program is affiliated with the National Australia Day Council, who co-ordinate Australia Day programs at a national level. We liaise regularly with local government to promote Australia Day and expand Australia Day celebrations in Local Government Areas.
The Tasmanian Australia Day team aims to:
- provide guidance and ideas for Australia Day celebrations and events
- promote state-wide community participation in celebrations and events
- create an awareness of, and a value for, our heritage as Australians
- promote to young Tasmanians the values of personal pride, effort and achievement
- unite all Australians through celebration on Australia Day.
Australia Day in Tasmania Contact Details
Department of Premier and Cabinet
Australia Day Program
GPO Box 123
Hobart TAS 7001
Ph: (03) 6270 5477